Saturday, May 12, 2012

Black, white and red ATC

The theme for the May ATC swap at Collage Stuff is "black, white and red".  This is my design.  I decided that I hadn't used any of the Collage Stuff Madonna images for a while, so time to use one!  The background is some vintage sheet music that I had scanned in.  I made sure it was black and white and increased the contrast on the image.  The red panel and the bursts are from the Nitty Gritty Kit (Tumble Fish Studio, deviantscrap.com).  They were black and white.  I colored them red with a red sharpie.  I need to buy a couple of red Copic markers.  I highlighted them with a white gel pen.  It was fun to do.  The Madonna image is from the Collage Stuff "Madonna" collage sheet.  I used my The Crafter's Workshop mini zinnia template in the upper right corner.  First I outlined with a black Pitt pen and then I colored in with the red sharpie.  The "full of grace" words were created at the Acme Labelmaker Website.  I used a Collage Stuff black illustration board ATC blank and cut the sheet music image slightly smaller so that I'd have a black frame around the collage. I also used the white gel pen to highlight the woman image in a few places.  When the swap is complete, ATCs from each participant will be posted at the Collage Stuff Swaps page.  Be sure to check them out mid-June.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment