Friday, August 21, 2009

House Book Page

My friend, LuAnne, makes gorgeous ATC's with Copic markers. I decided that I had to try coloring images with Copic markers. The markers came today and I tried them out on cemetery images for a house book page that I have to get done this weekend. It was fun and I like the way the colored images came out! I love to color.

It's hard to explain how I made this page. I started with painting the background with different color paints and making the purple the dominant color. I glued on a couple of different scrapbook papers and smeared diluted purple paint over them. I stamped with a floral background stamp randomly. I used my Cricut to cut the scrolls at the top. I glued the images down (used matte medium for glue for everything). I overstamped with blue ink and text stamp. I used black ink with a crackle stamp. I glued on the definition of "wish" from a vintage dictionary. I finger-painted the purple paint all around the edges. A little glitter glue provided the finishing touch! I think this could use something in the bottom right corner, but I'm stopping before I mess this up.

The Copic markers are an easy and fun way to add color to black and white photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment