I'm hosting a gluebook page swap at the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group. The theme is vintage women. Gluebook pages are just glue and paper - no embellishments. It's fun and it's liberating. I was watching a movie "The Dutchess" and in this movie, the women all wear extravagant tall wigs. So for my page, I made the wig out of flowers! Thanks for stopping by!
Another journal spread. This is the third incarnation of these two pages. The first two thing I tried did NOT work! That's what gesso is for... If I don't like it, I gesso over it! A new blank canvas! I had applied modeling paste through a stencil with circles, so those were still there after the gesso. I colored the background with Dylusions spray inks. When you spray them on gesso, they are less vibrant. I used a Dylusions stencil for the harlequin effect. I dabbed a couple of stamps around for more texture. On top of some of the modeling paste circles, I applied circles punched out of a gelli print or two. The stamped images are all Dylusions stamps. I colored them with various markers. I applied yellow paint to some grid fabric and used that as a halo of sorts for the 3 scary/creepy guys. The little spiders are sequins. I had a lot of fun making this spread. Sometimes, I feel like there is a monster inside me waiting to get out - when I am angry or upset. Thanks for stopping by!
Another journal page! On the left side of the page - the tag - I swiped some gesso on it and it let dry. Then I added watercolors. I stamped the Dylusions image, the Dina Wakely words and used another stamp to add some texture. I made the background using a vintage book page and swiped different acrylic paints across it. I used a Crafter's Workshop template and modeling paste. I didn't like it, so I white washed it with gesso. I painted the area under the grid fabric black and splattered some black paint. I added the grid fabric and the tag. The right side had the same background and I "fixed" it the same way. I stamped the Dina stamps on cardstock, cut them out and applied watercolors in the background. Thanks for stopping by!
For this spread, I used one of the new Dylusions stamps. I applied watercolor to two #8 tags and stamped the part of the image on both tags. I cut out both images and trimmed them. I used a palette knife to spread acrylic paints to make the background. I used a Stencil Girl stencil to apply the modeling paste. I followed that up with some black circles and slash lines made with an old key card. I cut some washi tape circles to put inside the black paint circles. I also shook some diluted black paint from a brush to make the splatters. I cut the hearts out of this grid material and painted them with the yellow paint. I cut smaller hearts out of a vintage dictionary and applied buttercup glass glitter. I glued the grid hearts on top of the glitter hearts and glued the whole constructed image down. The pink butterflies were applied last. I had fun making this! Thanks for stopping by!
Here's the first spread in a new art journal. I believe that there are no mistakes in art, only opportunities. This spread is certainly very different than how it started out! I started out gluing down vintage ephemera and didn't like how things looked, so I pulled a bunch of it off and left some. I used Shiva paint sticks next. The ephemera that was left added texture under the paint sticks. To lighten up the pages, I randomly applied white gesso and overstamped with a letter stamp. After that, everything went swimmingly! That butterfly is one of the new Dina Wakely stamps. I colored it with various Sakura pens. Thanks for stopping by!
Images of my original art may not be reproduced or copied. Please do not download photos of my original art and incorporate them into your own art. If a photo is available for download, it will be so noted.