Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Art Journal Page

Here's the first spread in a new art journal.  I believe that there are no mistakes in art, only opportunities.  This spread is certainly very different than how it started out!  I started out gluing down vintage ephemera and didn't like how things looked, so I pulled a bunch of it off and left some.  I used Shiva paint sticks next.  The ephemera that was left added texture under the paint sticks.  To lighten up the pages, I randomly applied white gesso and overstamped with a letter stamp.  After that, everything went swimmingly!  That butterfly is one of the new Dina Wakely stamps.  I colored it with various Sakura pens.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You and I were attracted to the same colors this week and I love them on your spread too. We also were both covering something we didn't like as much. I love how flexible art journaling is. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete