Thursday, February 18, 2010

Venice Skinny Book Page


I've been stressing about this month's skinny book page because the theme is "Venice." I had no idea how I was going to make this theme come to life. I got the postcards for the Venice collage sheets at Collage Stuff thinking that they would be great for this.

I started with a blue background paper that is almost all covered up. I got the new Seven Gypsies Venice clear stamp set and stamped over the blue with brown ink, but you can't see that now! I enlarged one of the images from the Venice in Pastels collage sheet and stamped a Venice postmark on it. The smaller image at the bottom is the normal size from the collage sheet, but I trimmed part of it off.

I glued the large Venice image down diagonally. I like to use numbers in my art, so I used one of the Collage Stuff 1910's vintage flinch game cards. It went on next, followed by the smaller collage sheet image.

The tape is Seven Gypsies Venice Gaffer Tape. Two strips of that were applied. I found the large brads in my stash and those went across the bottom. I didn't like the blue space at the top right, so I stamped there with another stamp from the Seven Gypsies Venice stamp set.

Something to finish it off. I like the off-white Prima flowers, so I colored two of them with my Copic markers. It still needed something more than the flowers. I found these swirl stickers in my stash and applied them before I attached the flowers with the large black round brad.

The very last thing I did was to cover the number four with some Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. It was still drying when I took this photo.

I'm happy with this. Now I just have to figure out something for the back of the page. ACK! I'm thinking maybe something travel with a couple - "wish you were here". We'll see what my muse thinks of this idea this weekend!

1 comment: