Saturday, April 23, 2011

Vintage Glue Book





Earlier in the week, I was trolling the art blogs late at night and came across an online class that looked interesting, so I bought the class. I thought I would share what I've been creating with the class. The class is "Your Vintage Gluebook." After I downloaded the class, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Collage Stuff was listed as one of the resources for vintage ephemera. If you'd like more information about this class, go to Green Paper Packages.

I haven't done any art just for me in I can't remember when. This is a good thing - for me to just play! One of the things I like about this online course is that it comes with many images and vintage ephemera reproductions. The recommended page size for the journal is about 3.5 x 5". I decided I'd try to stick with the course materials for the most part, and I have so far. I did use UK bus tickets, vintage dictionary pages and an Italian vocabulary card from Collage Stuff in the first page. The first page, I just kind of didn't pay attention to the course and just sat down and collaged! The second page is an exercise, a challenge to create a collage using only 3 elements. The third page was to take a photo and spread it across both pages. For the second and third pages, I only used items provided in the course materials (except for the dictionary background in the third page). I realized tonight that I haven't worked in a bound book for a long time and I'm enjoying this. Have any of you taken this class? At some point, I'd like to get a group together to do a glue book round robin.




6 comments:

  1. I think you are a natural at this. Your pages are charming.
    I took this class and loved every minute of it. I enjoyed Mary's style of teaching and the generosity of her knowledge and images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've taken this class & loved it! In fact I took a number of Mary's classes -they were all really well presented and had me producing a lot of art. Then I worked with Mary as one of the 4 artists teaching a collaborative book arts class called Artful Pages. My section was Altered Books. I really love the Vintage Gluebook class you are taking. It was a whole new thing for me at the time. Your pages are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I regret that I literally just stumbled across this class today and it's no longer available. Though I'm delighted with the collagestuff stuff and swaps I've participated in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm bummed that I literally stumbled across this class today in February 2017 and it's no longer available. However, I'm delighted with the collagestuff stuff and swaps I have participated in ala collagestuff so far.

    ReplyDelete