Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 4 x 4






In one of my yahoo groups, we're starting a new swap and it's 4 x 4 pages. I don't own many dies, but I've had my eye on the Tim Holtz Artful Dwellings die. I decided to go ahead and get one. The house is from the Artful Dwellings Die and I used the Tim Holtz Mini Openings Die to cut out the windows in the house. I glued scrapbook paper on to chipboard and cut that out with the dies. I used Tim Holtz tissue tape to cover the "roof" and the edges of the house. I used a green Copic marker around the edges of the house on the tissue tape. I also used the same green Copic marker to highlight the little windows. When you turn the page over, you can see some of the roof sticking up, so I covered the back of the roof with the tissue tape. The images behind the windows are from the Collage Stuff "Charmed" Collage Sheet. I put a mom, a dad, and 3 kids in the windows. The number five is cut from a vintage Flinch game card. The flowers are Prima craftable flowers that I colored with Copic markers. I used glue dots to secure them. I printed the words "home sweet home" at the Acme labelmaker website. For the background... I cut some scrapbook paper to 4 x 4 and used the same tissue tape around the edges. Now for the little black and white squares. I made a spreadsheet in Excel that is black and white checks. I print it out and try to cut in the middle of the checks. Since I have this in Excel, I can make whatever colors of checked paper I like, by changing the colors of the cells. I glued down my checks and put little brad flowers in the corners. The house is popped up a little as I used foam mounting tape to secure it to the background. I had fun making this little house 4 x 4" page. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I really love your page Lisa! That may be a die I have to invest in too. Which yahoo group if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete