Sunday, November 9, 2014

Faces art journal page



I bought a couple of magazines yesterday at the grocery and when I got home, I started cutting out images.  I bought fashion magazines, but I need to pick up some other kinds.  I recently took the Dyan Reavely and Dina Wakely Back to Back class.  Dyan used magazine images in the class.  I assembled the images that I wanted to use first.  The face on the "awaken page" was really too big for this size journal.  I could have scanned it in and printed it smaller, but I wanted to just use the original magazine images. For the background I used a Stencil Girl Stencil first.  I stamped 2 whole sheets of deli paper with a Dyan Reavely alphabet stamp and heat embossed them with black embossing powder. The deli paper is sort of transparent and allowed the stenciling to show through a little.  After applying the deli paper to the pages, I started gluing down the images.  I used Posca fine point paint pens to add details. The butterflies on both pages did not come from the magazines.  Thanks for coming by my blog!

1 comment: