Saturday, July 4, 2015

Freedom Art Journal Pages



I had fun making this art journal spread last night.  I started out by applying a few drops of acrylic ink on one page and then closing the pages together applying some pressure.  This made the ink drops spread out into blobs.  I did this with magenta, gold, and blue acrylic inks.  Next I sprayed some gold spray ink.  I painted in between the blobs with Dylusions paints.  I outlined the blobs with a small paintbrush and black Golden fluid acrylic paint.  Next, the Stencil Girl stencil with the circles. I cut some triangles out of different vintage books and glued those down with gel medium.  I used a Stencil Girl stencil to add the words to the triangles.  The little squares were added using a Balzer Designs Bits stencil.  After that it was time to embellish with glaze and souffle pens.  I never have anything in mind really when I sit down with my art journal.  It's my place to experiment and have fun creating.  Thanks for coming by my blog!

1 comment:

  1. I like the big shapes on these pages. Simple but effective. http://jillholmes.me

    ReplyDelete