Saturday, March 14, 2009

House Book Page - the back

I am always picking up scrapbook paper on sale. I have more than I can use in two, no maybe three, lifetimes. The good thing about this is that I can almost always find a background paper that will work perfectly for my project! I've never used this paper before, but it's just what I needed for the images I picked out.
The main images are from a Paris cemetery. I don't have them on collage sheets yet.
I stamped the scrapbook paper with a scrolly type stamp and embossed with gold embossing powder. I darkened the edges of the page with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I stamped a little with a text stamp with the Dusty Concord.
I found the chipboard scrolls in my stash - used the Dusty Concord ink again. The little purple flower was applied with glue dots. I found some page pebbles and cut out the definition of "sorrow" from an old dictionary to make the page pebble "sorrow". I tore up a purple UK bus ticket to put at the bottom of the main images. Two hot pink jewels on the chipboard scrolls and I was done. I gave it a quick spray with a Krylon Matte Sealer.
I find cemetery imagery beautiful and haunting. That's probably why I've got almost 20 cemetery collage sheets. Can't get enough of a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment