Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 4 x 4 page





In one of my Yahoo groups, we're doing a 4 x 4 swap. My page for August has a Butterfly Garden theme. First I made the digital collage. My friend LuAnne sent me some photos and of course, I got to work ASAP to edit them. She sent me these cute girls. I colored their faces, hair and hands digitally. I cut them out of the photo and used a scan of a vintage childrens' book for the backdrop. I made it just a little pink. Then I added the butterflies digitally and adjusted the color to make them pink. One digital collage done and then printed out to the correct size. I just got in the Authtique Uncommon 6 x 6" paper packs and I've been itching to use this paper. This was the perfect opportunity. I overstamped the 4 x 4" part with a stamp from the Tim Holtz Papillon stamp set, the text one. I like the black/white checks, so I cut some of them out (homemade in Excel) and placed 3 as shown. The grey/pink paper is also from the Uncommon paper pack. I edged everything with a black Copic marker. I glued down all the paper parts and found my stash of Mica tiles. I glued the Mica tile down with Diamond Glaze. I added the lace and button with glue dots. The stickers are from the Authentique Diction Stickers from the Uncommon collection. I edged the stickers with a black Copic marker before applying them. I will be working on a new collage sheet featuring these girls in different sizes with different backgrounds. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment