Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sun and Sand ATC

I'm always behind on my art stuff. The July Collage Stuff ATC swap is a beach theme, "Sun and Sand." Here's my design. I took a white matboard ATC blank and sprayed it first with Blue Patina Perfect Pearls Mist. I dried it with my heat gun as I can't stand around and wait on anything to dry! Then I sprayed Blue Raspberry Perfect Pearls Mist and dried that with my heat gun. The PP Mists are very transparent and soft. I love them! I always have some bubble wrap around, so I dabbed some gold paint on the bubble wrap with a Ranger Gold Paint Dabber (love this) and pressed the misted ATC blank onto the paint randomly. I scanned in an old dictionary page that had "beach" at the top, sized it, printed it out and trimmed it to size. I used the gold paint dabber around the cut edges. The girls are from the "Lazy Days" collage sheet. I haven't used these images before and thought it was about time I did. I also edged it with the gold paint dabber. I painted the inside of 4 Clear Iris Shell Sequins with you guessed it, the gold paint dabber. I found out quickly that the sequins melt with the heat gun if you aren't careful. I was trying to get the paint to dry faster. I used glue dots to adhere the sequins in the 4 corners. I like numbers and random stuff, so I cut up a yellowish UK bus ticket and used the numbers as shown. I dug through my stash and found the gold alphabet stickers to make the word "play". The ATC base is also edged with the gold paint dabber. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment