Saturday, March 8, 2014

Altered Mini Cabinet Card Frame

I'm going to host an altered mini cabinet card swap at the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group in April.  This is a sample that I created.  First I stamped the frame with a Tim Holtz doily stamp using brown archival ink.  It looked too busy, so what to do about that? I glued down some bits of a vintage sewing pattern. It still looked too brown, so I swiped some magenta archival ink on the pattern pieces.  Tiny mother of pearl buttons were glued down next. The background paper is from the "Garment District" 6x6 paper pack by Marion Smith.  The woman image is my very favorite woman image.  She's on the "Fabulous Faces" collage sheet.  I opened one of the Flutter collage sheets into graphic editing software and made a butterfly pink.  Everything to make this altered cabinet card is available at Collage Stuff except for the ink pads and paper pack.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment