Monday, September 21, 2015

Greeting cards

It seems like I always need some sort of a card for something. I made some greeting cards that are pretty generic that can be used for almost any occasion.  I started out with a sheet of watercolor paper.  I stamped the Dina Media round stamp and embossed with black embossing powder.  Next I applied watercolor.  I cut up the sheet into card size pieces and I didn't like them.  No problem!  I cut the watercolor paper into strips and more or less randomly glued the strips to a card front.  The cards looked kind of plain, so I stamped the round stamp again in different places on each card.  I followed that with some black watercolor speckles.  I have a Tim Holtz stamp set with many different salutations that I can use to add a message to each card.  I popped up the "thinking of you".  Using the thick watercolor paper strips also adds texture the the cards. These cards will also work for both genders. Try this!  I think you'll like the results!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment