Sunday, September 27, 2015

Houston Art Journal Page



Having some fun in my art journal last night!  For the background I used a Stencil Girl stencil that has different sorts of cars, buses and train representations.  I stenciled it in different colors with the stencil rotated various ways. I printed an old map of Houston off from the internet and applied it in various places. The city view stencil is from the Crafter's Workshop.  After the paint dried I went back in with a white glaze pen.  I used another Stencil Girl stencil in the background that looks like dots and dashes.  I like the graphic feel of the car images in the background.  If you don't look closely, I think you could miss the fact that the images are of cars, etc.  I'm glad you stopped by my blog!  Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Love your journal page! The stencil girl stencils are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic colors and layers! love the overall results...you are right, the cars really do become abstract when used in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Lisa! Love the funky style of this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly what you said I thought it was a bright graphic background till you mentioned the stencil, and I looked closer. Great page, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very colourful journal page and nice layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vibrant city scape, movement and energy. It's delightful. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your page and seeing your stenciling- love all the maps and travel you've captured in it! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete