Monday, March 29, 2010

Retro ATC

At the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group, we're doing a Retro or 1950's themed ATC swap for March.

I used two images from the Crafty Secrets Kitchen Creative Cuts. I scanned in the Kitchen Queen image because I needed to change the letters from red to pink, so they would match the pink oven.

I started out by stamping pink polda dot paper with a Hero Arts circle stamp. I added part of a page from a vintage book about making bread. I added the two retro images and the crown. I decided that it looked blah, so I ripped off the bottom of the pink paper and put the whole thing on blue paper that I had stamped with the same circle stamp. This is more interesting and brings in the blue from the kitchen queen image. I edged the ATC in black ink. I used a silver Marvy Metallic Artist Marker to hightlight all of the images, crown and text. I underlined some words in the text. Powdered cheese? Who knew? I also went over the black on the edges with the silver marker.

The crown brads are available at Collage Stuff in mixed packs of gold, silver and pink. I have markers in gold and pink too, so I'll change things up based on the color of the crown brad.

This is another simple design that will allow me to mass produce them for this swap,.

1 comment:

  1. I love that pink stove! Great RETRO ATC :) Vicky M

    ReplyDelete