Sunday, October 12, 2014

Transform art journal page

 



I love it when I sit down to do a new journal page and everything just flows!  I am happiest with my art when it is effortless, like this journal spread was for me.  I started by painting the edges gold.  My friend, Lin, sent me some handmade papers that had some gold in them.  I used 2 different hand made papers in the background.  I used an art comb to apply gesso next.  I tore up a vintage fruit receipt (Collage Stuff) and glued it down next.  Then a couple of vocabulary cards (Collage Stuff).  I used a scroll stamp and stamped randomly.  That finished off the background.  I applied black paint around the woman mask from The Crafter's Workshop.  Then on the left-hand side of the page at the edge I applied black paint with a Dylusions stencil and I didn't like it, so I covered the whole thing up with black paint like a wide border.  I used a Dina Wakely stencil (Collage Stuff) and modeling paste to apply the word "transform".  The last stencil I used was from Stencil Girl to kind of fill in a little bit.  Lastly I cut out a little heart from some of the papers Lin sent me, colored it red/pink with some paint and glued this down. I used a white Stamper's Big Brush pen for the white accents. I like using real vintage ephemera in my art when I can.  I find it gives my art authenticity.  At least, I think so!   I also like that the handmade papers added some more texture even though they are painted over. Thanks for coming by my blog!  Comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment