Saturday, February 14, 2015

Opposites Attract Art Journal Spread





 
I got the new Ranger Transparent Texture Paste in at Collage Stuff, so I thought I'd test it out.  The consistency was that of soft gel medium - not what I expected.  First I applied gesso to the pages.  I used a The Crafter's Workshop template and traced the circles on the page.  Then I traced the circle on an old dictionary page and cut out enough circles.  I applied the circles with a glue stick.  I applied the texture paste over the circles with the stencil.  I wanted to see if it would act as a resist for the spray inks I used.  It did, sort of.  The lines were made with a Stencil Girl stencil.  I used the new Dina Wakley Insects Mask/Stencils to apply the butterflies and bee.  I used a The Crafter's Workshop 4x4 stencil for the black/white tiny boxes.  I stamped the word "fly" on Tim Holtz labels and applied those last.  Thanks for coming by my blog!

1 comment: