Saturday, June 6, 2009

House Book Page

Here's the back of the house book page that I started last Saturday night. I love cemetery imagery. The angel images are from the Collage Stuff "Angel Baby" collage sheet. This angel lost one of her wings. I've always liked copper and red together, so we've got a purple, red and copper color scheme here. I painted the background with a Claudine Helmuth Studio paint, Purple Palette. I used scrapbook paper for the roof. The flowers and butterflies are stickers that were in my stash. The copper German scrap stars and tiny French copper border German scrap are available at Collage Stuff. I glued everything down (but the words) and added the red jewels. I took the bottom of my glue stick and dabbed it in Perfect Medium. I stamped it randomly around. I dusted everything with Copper Perfect Pearls. I inked a text stamp in Dusty Concord Distress Ink and stamped off the image first, then stamped on the image. This way you can't really see the words, but it kind of grunges up the images. I used sequin waste with Dusty Concord ink a few places and then added the words. I fingerpainted the edges with the purple paint, then followed up with Perfect Medium and copper Perfect Pearls. This design is a huge contrast from the vintage Paris theme on the front of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment