Saturday, October 10, 2009

New Cover Design

I worked and worked on the previous cover design and still did not really like it, so I started over. I decided that something simpler would be better. So here's what I came up with. The background paper is actually a light pink with darker pink tiny flowers.
I further refined the color of the door until I got this. I like this better. It's lighter yet and you can see all of the scrollwork in the door better. I colored the little girl with my Copic markers. If you like to color, try the Copic markers. You'll love them.
I stamped the background with one of my favorite text stamps and purple distress ink. I only used the purple ink for stamping. The little bird stamp is from Collage Stuff - the "our bird friends" rubber stamp sheet. Purple paper in the corners overstamped with the Collage Stuff stylish background stamp were applied. The door and girl were glued down next.
I cut the "branch" myself with scissors and the bird is from a punch. I put too much glitter on really. Glitter is on the branch, the little stamped birds and the stamped scrolls on the corners. The words went on last. I smooshed the purple ink on all of the page edges.
I like this. It's simple. I can easily make 13 copies of this and get them done on time. We are all our own worst critics and my inner critic wants more stuff on this. I'm going to hold myself back this time and leave the design as is.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Lisa. I love this cover so much more, you were right to trust your instincts. It needs nothing more added to it. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the little bit of tweaking you did. And PURPLE is always good! :D

    ReplyDelete