Saturday, April 24, 2010

Back of Skinny Book Page


I finished the design of the back of the skinny book page. I guess I'm a mininalist as I don't ever really use a lot of embellishments. I'm guilty of making complex backgrounds that I don't want to cover up, but end up covering nearly completely. For the background, I covered the 4 x 8" chipboard with some patterned scrapbook paper. I added parts of pages of a German dictionary. I painted thinned down Sand acrylic paint over this and then I overstamped all this my Stylish Background stamp with gold paint. I tore a black and white image from the Altered London #1 collage sheet and covered it thinned down Sand paint, stamped gold paint with a scrolly stamp and glued it down near the top. The angel is from a cemetery here in Houston. I printed her kind of a navy blue. She was glued down and covered with the thinned down Sand paint. Gold Golden Glaze went over the top of everything. I overstamped this with two stamps with indigo ink - a text stamp and a crackle stamp. It needed more, but it was hard to determine just what it needed. What I ended up using was two items from the Gold Embellishments German Scrap at the top and bottom. I applied Sand paint to tone the gold down and added some light blue jewels. I applied the indigo ink to the edges of the piece.
It never fails. I cannot glue anything down straight! I tried to be careful gluing the embellishments down and the bottom one is crooked. Oh well!

3 comments:

  1. Both pages are beautiful, love the backgrounds and the colors.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page! Very rich and lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty colors! I love the little bit of black crazing on the edge!

    ReplyDelete