Monday, January 26, 2009

Day Three at CHA

Hi again! Today was my last day at the show. I've got a flight out tomorrow. Up at 5am again to make sure I had plenty of time to get to my 7am 7 Gypsies class!
See the red rectangle thing in the photos above? This is a new 7 Gypsies product. It punches two holes. It's either battery operated or you can plug it into the wall. It punched holes through our thick chipboard houses like a dream.
Here's a photo of the completed house book. The colors look washed out here. It's really pretty in person.

Pages in the book.

More pages. We added in the kraft pocket. It is actually one of those pockets for the photo carousel. We put gaffer tape on both sides. That covered up the pre-punched holes for the photo carousel.

More pages.

More pages.


Here we go with the sideways photos again. The autumn colored page: I like the metal page edging that we used to make the scallops on the roof. It's actually gold.


I could never figure out what the 7 Gypsies elastic things were used for until today. We used two of them in a criss cross and hung the little sticker off of them. Cool. See the ribbons at the top of the paper. We used these cool paper fastener things to attach the ribbon. We had to run out of the classroom and I ran out of time to take more photos. I could try to take more photos in the hotel room, but the lighting isn't so great.

I went down to the booth after the class. This one collage that they had on display. Enjoy!

We got this journaling kit free for attending the class. I like the new Gypsy Market papers. These are the papers we used for the book. We used the 6 x 6" papers. I tried to place an order for several things at the booth, but could never get anyone to take my order. One of the distributors I use carries 7 Gypsies, so hopefully I can get some stuff from them and if not, I'll try to order again from 7 Gypsies.


I went back to the Maya Road booth today as I was wandering around. Yesterday the make-n-take line was too long, Today, I got to be third in line. Here's the sample of what we were making.

Here's what I made. We used the new bingo stamps that I ordered. This also uses the chipboard hearts that I have in stock. The brown circle was colored brown with the Maya Mist. That stuff works like a dream to color cardstock. Just spray it on, let it dry and your cardstock is colored. They also ran this through an embossing folder. That's the big thing now. Run anything you can find through an embossing folder. It's fun.

The base for the make-n-take is a page from this book. We got this set free. It's a chipboard ring binder with several chipboard pages.

We also got one of the new clear acrylic keys.

I visited the Amate Designs booth. They had two colors of bright UTEE is a melting pot. The woman told me to pour from the melting pot into the pendant tray and I thought "yeah, right." It worked. After the UTEE sets up, you pop it out, put some jewelry glue in the pendant tray and put the UTEE back in. This was very easy to do and it looks nice. This same technique can be used for the Patera pendant trays that I stock.

I stopped back by the Product Performers booth today. The lines for the make-n-takes weren't as long as they were yesterday. One make-n-take line was way too long. I did make this little calender book. We used a bind it all (BIA) to bind it. I loce the bind it all. You can bind any size book and the current BIA will punch through thick chipboard - even matboard. There are acrylic covers too. I don't stock the BIA, but I can special order many items including the BIA.

I made this at an adhesives company. It is an acrylic block for rubber stamping. We put patterned paper on the back, added a photo, added ribbon and the flowers. We used several different adhesives.
I think attendance was a lot lower this year than last year. I heard some vendors grumbling that they hoped today would be better than yesterday. Today looked less busy than yesterday to me. It's home tomorrow for me. I had fun here at the show and thanks for allowing me to bring some of the show home to you! I'll let you know when the new stuff arrives. It will come in a few weeks to over the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it was fun and you got to take some classes. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new stuff. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete