Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day Two at CHA - Misc stuff

This is a book that I got at the Golden booth today. I flipped through it while I was taking a break at the show today. It looks to be a very comprehensive resource for all sorts of transfers. If you are new to transfers, I recommend this book. The book that has the info about the faux beeswax and encaustic techniques is "Rethinking Acrylic" by Patti Brady. Patti thought we would get a free copy of this, but we didn't get a free copy. I'm not sure what happened. I probably won't get the faux beeswax recipes typed up tonight. I was up at 5am and I've been going strong since then. I will send the recipe to everyone that has emailed and a lot of you have expressed interest.
This is a little pin make-n-take from the Ranger booth. It used Claudine Helmuth's Studio paints and sticky back canvas in addition to Maya Road chipboards from the House and Home chipboard set.

I got a little postcard in the mail saying i could get a free stamp for Hero Arts. Here's what I got!
I stopped by the Prima Marketing booth today, but couldn't get a chance to speak to anyone in the booth. They were snowed under.
I also went by Stanislaus Imports today. I get the bingo tiles, tin types, Pearl River papers and tiny puzzle pieces from them. One of my customers wrote me saying that the tiny puzzle pieces are actually complete puzzles! I was so surprised. I told the guy at Stanislaus about this and he seemed surprised too!
I think I've just about spent all the dollars that I have for new inventory right now. I have a couple of places to go back to tomorrow and then I'll wander around. Oh, I forgot to mention that I went to EF Scraps and ordered a lot of their new scraps for 2009 - the Victorian scraps. They also have started carrying the German scrap, so I ordered a couple of them too. One thing is a set of very large gold birds.
The stuff that I have ordered will filter in over the next few months.
Tomorrow morning at 7am, I have a class with 7 Gypsies and it's a house book! What an amazing coincidence since I'm in a house book swap this year! I hope to get a lot of inspiration from this class and I'll post photos. I'm sorry that some of the photos aren't so great, but not so great is better than nothing!
Until tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa, I sounds like there is too much to see too little time and not enough $. Glad you are having fun though. I would really love a copy of the faux beeswax recipe. Take care and bring back lots of goodies.

    Maxk@mts.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I would love a copy of the faux beeswax recipe as well. I would also love some ideas on how to use it and such! I bought some beeswax that I need to use a melter with but have yet to do that. I can't wait for you to share all the neat ideas you get there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa any idea when the book by C Cozen will be out? I tried sear4ching online but to no avail. it looks rather interesting :) jeez wish i could live in the states just to go to CHA :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great updates! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete